1 clove crushed garlic 30 ml fresh lime juice 1 tsp grated ginger 40 ml fish sauce 30 ml soy sauce 1 finely chopped chilli 30 ml sweet chilli sauce 1 tsp palm sugar 10 ml sesame oil 1 finely chopped spring onion
600 gms Scotch Fillet (150gm each)
1 cucumber cut length ways, deseeded and thinly sliced
1 punnet cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
1 bunch mint, torn
1 bunch Thai basil, leaves torn
1 bunch coriander 250 gm
bean sprouts, blanched and refreshed
1 Spanish onion thinly sliced
1 red capsicum
julienne ¼ cup
chopped peanuts roasted (we also use local macadamias from Hand n Hoe Macadamia Farm - available at Bent on Food and in our online cart)
1. Whisk together all marinade ingredients and place steak in plastic bag, with half of the marinade - leave at least ½ an hour
2. Chop all vegetables and half the herbs and place in bowl - refrigerate
3. Pre heat your char grill or barbeque to high heat
4. Char grill or barbeque steaks for around 2 to 3 minutes each side - best rare to med-rare. Rest for 10 minutes and thinly slice.
5. Place all salad ingredients (except steak and nuts) in individual bowls and toss.
6. Lay strips of beef on each salad, drizzle with dressing and toss gently.
7. Sprinkle chopped nuts and the rest of the herbs on top for garnish.